Jump to content

Residence and work permit for non-EU/EEA citizens

Please select the tab bar below in order to read specific information in relation to the type and duration of your stay. 

As a Non-EU/EEA citizen:

  • You are required to hold a residence and work permit
  • You are required to hold a work permit before you start to work (with a very few exceptions)
  • You might need a visa to enter into Denmark and the Schengen-area as well as Greenland and the Faroe Islands
  • A residence and work permit is required to work and conduct research in Greenland or at the Faroe Islands.
  • Accompanying family members are also required to hold residence permits
  • Working illegally can lead to serious consequences for you and the university.